Today is the 1st of October which marks the beginning of pumpkin spice latte season. “What is a pumpkin spice latte?” you ask? Pumpkin spice lattes are a popular type of flavoured coffee drunk in Autumn. If you’re suddenly craving a #PumpkinSpiceLatte and don’t live near a Starbucks, whip up your own at home in under 10 minutes following this easy recipe and save yourself £3.50+.
You’re going to need:
– 1/8 tsp of ground nutmeg
– ¼ tsp of ground ginger
– ¼ tsp of clove, or 4 cloves
– ¼-1/2 tsp of cinnamon
– 1 cinnamon stick (if you’re feeling fancy)
– Vanilla extract or essence
– 2 squirts of toffee syrup or caramel syrup (optional)
– 3 tbsp of pumpkin purée
– 3 cups of your favourite plant-based milk
1) Add the milk, pumpkin purée, caramel or toffee syrup and spices to a pan and stir
2) Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat to let it simmer for 5 minutes to allow the milk to be infused
3) While the milk-spice mixture is infusing, make coffee for 2 people
4) Strain the milk-spice mixture and pour it into your favourite Autumnal mug
5) Add coffee to your mug
6) Sweeten to taste
The 1st of October also marks vegan baking day, so why not bake yourself something nice to go with your coffee? Either way, grab a blanket, get comfy and watch the leaves fall while sipping your pumpkin spice latte!
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help spread it by sharing on Twitter or Facebook or wherever you’d like. Thank you!